Monday, March 9, 2009

Where's my invite???

The latest so called 'incident' me and my friends were discussing about was how one of our mutual friends invited some of us to his wedding and not others. The reason why I'm writing about this is because I was one of the 'friends' who was not invited. Should I get upset, we asked. Now, to put things into perspective my friend we theorize would have had one hand tied behind his back (normally happens when you get married) and many other friends were also not invited, not just me.

Now the question is should I have been upset. In all honesty, I would have dreaded to go to a wedding on a Sunday evening, especially when its hard to find any baby sitters for my kids and I basically do not like weddings much in the first place. Should I be upset when I myself had not invited this friend to my wedding. Should I be upset when I have not attended several of this friend's invites to gatherings, dinners, lunches etc. in the last few invites? Should I be upset when I have not seen this friend for a social gathering for the last 2 years?

Hell yes, I would have liked to have the choice not to go, don't you think so?

2 comments:

  1. To answer your question...nah i wouldn't be upset at all. Life too short to be upset about the little things. Besides like you said it is very difficult to get cover on such a short notice. Even if you did, weddings are such a chore. The opportunities to really talk are very hard to come by.
    In fact you'd be really lucky to hold a 5 minute conversation without being interrupted. Best way in my humble opinion is over coffee (but not starbucks) preferably home brewed in the comfort of your or his/hers home. Your kids can run around, they are certainly old enough to mind themselves. Total relaxation.
    On the other hand weddings are places where we meet old buddies, ones you haven't seen for ages..(me for example)
    I do and have missed loads of our friends weddings/gatherings and for that i have lot to make up to.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is Invite me too but preferably where we can really talk. About kids, global events and if you want to live dangerously, politics.
    Take care dude, you may see here much more...than before

    Jam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jam, I still remember your wit and intellect from before. Hope to see you here more often,

    ReplyDelete